...especially the vegetarians.
I brought a Tupperware container full of pea pods fresh picked last weekend. I admit, I'm getting a little too much joy eating them - the carnivorous glee I assume psychopaths get. Yes, I'm referring to my glee of eating a vegetable as carnivorous. Shush.
- How to invade
- Take the pod and roll it in your fingers.
- Turn it so your thumb is on the blunt end.
- one end tapers where it was attached to the plant, you want the other end.
- Hold the pod so the arch of it is against your palm.
- Squeeze the blunt end between your thumb and forefinger.
- You should hear a ripe pop when the seam breaks.
- Place thumb nail into groove on the underside.
- Lightly run your finger along the groove, increasing the pressure as you go.
- If you're doing it properly, your thumb will sink inside the pod about two peas in.
- Pull apart with thumb and forefinger to butterfly the pod.
- Eat peas.
come on, popping sounds, finger nails ripping. It's almost carnal.
If you do it right you'll totally understand why I'm enjoying these peas so much. >:)
I may have to take pictures of the process tonight, if'n y'all r interested.