|The Hand That Feeds|
The photo was taken outside Sacre Couer. We had some almond cookies and sat to feed the birds. To say they were pleased - or pushy - is an understatement. You know, I wonder if this was how Fox got sick while we were in France. Still. Fun birds.
Stolen with vigor from tyskkvinna:
40 QUESTIONS FOR 2009
01. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Left the country. Bought a house.
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them year;y. Generally day to day. :)
03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Numerous friends produced kidlets.
04. Did anyone close to you die?
05. What countries did you visit?
06. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Muscle definition. Better stamina, in numerous things really.
07. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 8th would have been my one year anniversary with a rather unexpected ex. I had the reminder on my phone and forgot. It went off at 5am that morning.
Friday, November 13th. The day where I wondered why the American Dream required so much debt.
08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming a paid photographer. I would like to do more of that.
09. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping healthy eating habits.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope! Hooray!! I, in fact, think I"m far healthier this year than last.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
2700 square feet of storage space.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Most of the people I know were pretty awesome all year. I'm rather impressed with Fox and the folks at Pointy Kitty for their ability to push through amazing amounts of life debris.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mostly my own, especially with someone I dated briefly. I did eventually apologize for that.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Might I direct you to all this shelving?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Possibly running a marathon. I think I can do it next year if I can lose some weight to move faster.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Papa was a Rodeo - The Magnetic Fields. And the memories will be appropriately melancholy.
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
hotter of colder? Colder. Why isn't there a cat on me?
Fatter or thinner? The same, I think. My weight fluctuated a lot this year.
more active or lazier? More active. Wow, I'm running 15 to 20 miles a week now.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Communicating. This could have saved a lot of heart-ache for me and my loves, current and past.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating sugar. :)
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
In Missouri. Huh....
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I did. Once was new and once was old.
23. How many one-night stands?
None. Is that a bad thing?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Ohhh.. Top Chef or maybe Project Runway.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't know if it's hate but that's probably easier to feel that what I really would if I stopped to feel it.
26. What was the best book you read?
Born to Run. I read it three times.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Gosh, so much great music this year. Probably Animal Collective.
28. What did you want and get?
I'm rather lucky in that I can generally acquire most of what I desire Stuff-wise. Nothing stands out.
29. What did you want and not get?
Stable, long-lasting non-primary relationships.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Inglorious Basterds. No friggin' question.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Shit, I don't exactly remember. I remember the cake Fox made me this year was fantastic. Beyond that, I had two relationships end within a week to either side of my birthday so July can go away this year.
I turned 27.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't know.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy how? Obama was interesting to watch. I wanted to sleep with numerous hot celebrities but since I can't recall their names, clearly they had no lasting impression.
There, that's my one night stand.
35. What was your favorite video game of the year?
36. Who has made the most cameos in your dreams this year?
Lord, nearly all the women I've dated in my life have been in and out of various good and bad dreams all year. Tumultuous.
37. Who did you miss?
No one, mostly, with any lasting frequency.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
hellocthulhu. Have you eaten his macaroni yet? No? Oh. I'm... so sorry.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Looking backwards doesn't help you move forwards. (Stole this from tyskkvinna directly.)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Well my heart's runnin' round like a chicken with its head cut off
All around the barn yard falling in and out of love
Poor thing's blind as a bat
Gettin' up, fallin' down, gettin' up
Who'd fall in love with a chicken with its head cut off?
Watching Kill Bill with broken subtitles is kind of fun!
Also, I seem to have a photo up at Birthday Shoes.